We attend and host a number of outreach events every year. We also host excursions and international trips. Trips and tours are open only to members.
We are currently observing all CDC recommended protocol to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We are hosting programming virtually. Follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information and links to virtual events.
Tours & Birding Events
OUR NEXT TRIP: BIRDING SOUTHERN ARIZONA
May 22 - 27, 2022
Hawks Aloft Member Tour
With Felipe Guerrero, Arizona Birding Tours
And Gail Garber, Hawks Aloft, Inc.
Trip is Available only to Red-tailed Hawk
or higher membership levels!
This trip is full with a lengthy waiting list.
Explore the famous Madrean Sky Islands – where Sonora meets Arizona and isolated mountains harboring woodlands and forests tower above desert valleys like an island archipelago reaching north from the Mexican highlands. This region is the northern limit of dozens of specialty birds more common in Mexico and further south.
EXPLORE ICELAND IN 2023: THE LAND OF FIRE AND ICE
June 1 - June 11, 2023
In the land of fire and ice, massive ice-blue glaciers contrast sharply with bright green meadows, black lava fields, and geothermal lagoons to create dramatic, captivating landscapes. The country’s avifauna is equally impressive: located at the junction of two oceans, it hosts a unique mix of vagrant and migratory birds from both Europe and North America. This adventure with Hawks Aloft and Holbrook Travel offers a look at Icelandic breeding and non-breeding bird populations, from the waterfowl of Lake Mývatn to the iconic Atlantic Puffins. Seek out auks, petrels, cormorants, gannets, gulls, terns, waders, stilts, and birds of prey while enjoying hikes, boat trips, and a bird museum to enrich your understanding of the island’s natural history.
- Bird the hotspots of Lake Mývatn and the River Laxá, where sightings may include more than a dozen duck species.
- Trace the fjords of northwest Iceland and see the majestic cliffs supporting populations of auks, murres, and kittiwakes.
- Navigate Breiðafjörður Bay for up-close views of Great Cormorants, European Shags, and Atlantic Puffins.
- Look for humpback, blue, and minke whales and a variety of pelagic birds on a whale-watching excursion.
- Visit Sigurgeir’s Bird Museum, considered the largest known private bird collection in Iceland.