Marketing & Fundraising Specialist - Part time
We seek an enthusiastic, social media savvy individual who can kick our community outreach into overdrive. Primary job functions are marketing, social media presence, seeking grant opportunities, corporate partnerships, and event needs. Is a front-line staff member in conjunction with the office manager and interacts with office visitors and volunteers. Must have a basic knowledge of animal and wildlife welfare. Prior contact with live birds, specifically hawks and owls, a plus. Works with team leaders in our education, research, and raptor rescue programs. Works closely with and reports to the Executive Director.
Must be fluent in social media, computer literate with a variety of programs, and familiar with databases such as Excel and donor software. Must have strong writing and editing skills and an appreciation for well-written prose. Exceptional communication skills, time management, and ability to work independently and as a team member are considered fundamental to success in this organization. Each member of our staff is responsible for their own motivation, task maintenance, and accomplishments. Experience with nonprofits, marketing and communications, volunteer and event coordinating and planning preferred.
Hawks Aloft has an animal-friendly, healthy work culture that also includes vacation, sick leave and paid holidays. Flexible work schedule primarily during weekday hours. Salary DOE.
As of the time of this posting, some of our operations are onsite part-time, and some remote work is possible on a case by case basis. Limited travel to offsite meetings although most are virtual. Company vehicles available for use. Must love people, birds, and dogs. This is an immediate opening.
- Prepares regular social media posts (in rotation with others)
- Writes articles for and edits monthly online newsletter, assists with design.
- Prepares fundraising letters
- Assists with grant proposals
- Assists others with event coordination
- Assists with public relations, marketing, development outreach and fundraising efforts
- Cultivates corporate partnerships
- Assists with preparation and execution of annual events
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, interesting articles, letters and reports, member correspondence
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability effectively communicate appropriately with team members, colleagues, volunteers, donors, and all constituents of the organization
Hawks Aloft, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity and to compliance with federal and state anti-discrimination laws.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and at least three email references to:
No phone calls please.